gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
119 Posts in 47 Topics by 522 Members - Latest Member: zankai October 20, 2017, 04:14:29 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Members | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Dragonball New Universe: Hopes Beginning  |  General Mud Discussion  |  Ideas  |  Ideas of the masses/Issues/Resolutions/Fixings/
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ideas of the masses/Issues/Resolutions/Fixings/  (Read 857 times)

Pandora

• View Profile
Ideas of the masses/Issues/Resolutions/Fixings/
« on: April 23, 2014, 06:52:47 AM »
First, for starters, if you're reading this I'd like for you to comment and acknowledge/discuss/add to/suggest/agree/disagree/etc on any/all or several of the things stated. In my opinion there is entirely too many UNNECESSARY changes being done for one, don't fix what isn't broken. Lots of us have been here for so long because we like the way the mud "was".

Fusion/Reinc/Non-fused/Non-reinc'd chars: Recently the hp system had been changed over as having 5k hp was "redic". Well, it hasn't been a problem for the past 10 years it's been how it was. I understand new owner, so that means changes. I can live without the higher hp, but what is "redic" about the change is the fact that all non-fusion races/chars will be at a 2 round disadvantage bc they're 1000 hp lower than the rest of the fusions. I don't wanna hear that shit bout 1k hp aint gonna make a difference. Tell me when the last time you was in a fairly even pvp or pvc fight and the player or npc was hitting you for over 300? Don't worry, I'll wait. So, in my opinion, just as it WAS, reinc's should get the 1k regardless of fusion or non fusion. This will also allot for more players with a desire to want to achieve reinc! Please, express your idea/opinion too, the point of this is to invoke a resolution or leave it be. There's this huge desire for forum usage and I want to see how it truly works.

Forum board via mud: Fuck the forums. No one wants to come here to type out all these long ass messages on what they want fixed when the owner/coder are right there for them to talk to WHILE they can mud. Other than being there to moderate and code/run/maintain order and such on the mud I don't see what other reason you're there to begin with... so why not get to ask you things or bring them up to you right there? Just my rant on that. Now for a fix, why not integrate a forum board to the mud, precisely like the gnote system. We have it for all other things, punishment, clans, general, etc... soooooo add ideas to the list and let us post our ideas there. Also, say someone post an idea and the owner don't like it, make a poll on the mud and have everyone vote. Simple as that. I'm sure you will get lot more acknowledgement via the mud than through the forums.

Ranks: We need ranks people. We need you to make ideas for them and post them to the forums for them to take place. Now, that we've got to the point of what the owner would like for that to happen, let's discuss the problem with that. Let's say I have an idea for race ranks and I post them here to the board and the owner doesn't like them. What now? Oh yeah, I'm still sitting there stuck with 250% gains and no damn ranks to change that. So, we NEED a resolve. ^ Let's resort back to my last idea, create a poll option on the mud, allowing players to show their idea to the mud and it gets voted on. If the owner still is set to a dead no after he sees the poll winnings, then he or she needs to change the one they don't like to one they would rather desire and put that shit in. Problem solved. This hooplah about submitting ranks and not liking the names and then a week later we still don't have rank is fuckery.

Tuffle Ranks:
Avenger
Symbiote
Symbiote
Parasite
Parasite
Machine Mutant

Vampire Ranks:
Vampire Lord/Elder Lord/The Count(lol)
Blood-sucker/Minion
Neonate
Neonate
Fledgling
Fledgling
Fledgling

Raffling/Prize/SM/Event running: We need more eq... that's the start. We need new shit created, weapons, gear, areas, etc. The pbase is gonna drop off the map like it has done everytime for the past 10+ years if there isn't anything to keep you around. You have over 6+ people who are reinc'd and getting the point of pure boredom. I have been back playing for over 2 months and have yet to see ONE event. You need weekly rafflings of new items to be added to the lottery system for one, there should be least 1-2 RR or Tag or Dball Hunts every week, there should be a SM released once a week. Now, to reiterate on that.... Not everyone plays at freaking night.. that's the reason for saying you need ONE or TWO a week. I've seen plenty of IMM's on during the daytime but I've yet to see an event or anything held.. yes, I know, I could've just missed it... but I average 8-9 hours per day on here... I think that's enough time in 2 months I should've been around for least one, eh?? I thought so too. Which is why I say we need new eq and such... if you need item creators let me know, I've added in socials, I'm sure if showed how myself or several others could come up with new eq! I'd be first in line if need be! Adding in new drops will make players stick around and play more... adding new eq will keep high up players still trying to achieve that.

Bosses/Grouping/Clans: Lastly, where are the clans at? Pbase is big enough now to compensate for having our own clans. They've been in once before, and we loved them. Also, grouping.... we should integrate some BIG bosses... ones that you aren't going to defeat by yourself without it taking 30+ mins. It's quite simple.. make a boss with mega HP, give him some decent attacks and put him somewhere hard to find and let people "group" to go kill him. He/She/It should drop something of a rarity and it will be fun and new to the mud and would allow players to work together more and have something achievable that's new!

Yes, I do understand that all these things will take time and work.. especially lots of it that is not doable by myself. I was asked repetitively to forum post. Well, here it is... after all the fuss bout posting here I hope we see some results. Don't be offended by the demeanor either, I'm just a lil put out by the hefty desire to have to post it here when it's already been brought up in the mud but yet no change has been made! So, here it is and it's out here now, let's work together and make this place a more than it already is better place! I'll have lots more to add as things progress, those are just the ones that have struck me recently.

Magmarashi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas of the masses/Issues/Resolutions/Fixings/
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 11:58:40 PM »

Fusion/Reinc/Non-fused/Non-reinc'd chars: Recently the hp system had been changed over as having 5k hp was "redic". Well, it hasn't been a problem for the past 10 years

This expression doesn't really mesh with this one.

I can live without the higher hp, but what is "redic" about the change is the fact that all non-fusion races/chars will be at a 2 round disadvantage bc they're 1000 hp lower than the rest of the fusions. I don't wanna hear that shit bout 1k hp aint gonna make a difference.

Fusions races have had twice the HP advantage over non-fusions races for as long as there have been fusions races, cutting down that gap to ONLY 1k hp difference is an extreme effort to make that difference much more fair. I'm not adverse to the idea of Reincarnated players gaining extra HP as a reward, but it wouldn't be any more than 4.5k at max. The days of rolling 6k hp are staying directly behind us and I am a little amused at this idea that things were somehow more 'fair' when fusions races got twice the hit points of non-fusion races as opposed to only having 1k more.

Forum board via mud: Fuck the forums. No one wants to come here to type out all these long ass messages on what they want fixed when the owner/coder are right there for them to talk to WHILE they can mud. Other than being there to moderate and code/run/maintain order and such on the mud I don't see what other reason you're there to begin with... so why not get to ask you things or bring them up to you right there? Just my rant on that. Now for a fix, why not integrate a forum board to the mud, precisely like the gnote system. We have it for all other things, punishment, clans, general, etc... soooooo add ideas to the list and let us post our ideas there. Also, say someone post an idea and the owner don't like it, make a poll on the mud and have everyone vote. Simple as that. I'm sure you will get lot more acknowledgement via the mud than through the forums.

When I'm sitting on in the game, visible or invisible, I'm not just sitting on my hands with my my thumbs up my ass. Typically I'm in the shell digging around, messing with broken progs or items/mobs, generally just doing work on the MUD. Sometime I'm straight up just not here because something in real life has pulled me away and I don't want the hassle of logging on and off over and over. It's very easy for me to miss things, entire conversations and issues that arise. The forums are a great place to get my attention with ideas, suggestions, bugs, etc because it's not constantly scrolling and moving and changing, it's much much easier to reference and keep track of. It is simply just easier for me to work with, and it would be much better for ongoing conversations to hash out ideas over the course of time.

Polls are for deciding between choices when we can't come to a final decision ourselves.

This hooplah about submitting ranks and not liking the names and then a week later we still don't have rank is fuckery.

This has happened under my ownership literally Never. You're the first person to actually submit real rank names that aren't completely silly or just lame.

Tuffle Ranks:
Avenger
Symbiote
Symbiote
Parasite
Parasite
Machine Mutant

Vampire Ranks:
Vampire Lord/Elder Lord/The Count(lol)
Blood-sucker/Minion
Neonate
Neonate

Fledgling
Fledgling
Fledgling

Raffling/Prize/SM/Event running: We need more eq... that's the start. We need new shit created, weapons, gear, areas, etc. The pbase is gonna drop off the map like it has done everytime for the past 10+ years if there isn't anything to keep you around. You have over 6+ people who are reinc'd and getting the point of pure boredom. I have been back playing for over 2 months and have yet to see ONE event. You need weekly rafflings of new items to be added to the lottery system for one, there should be least 1-2 RR or Tag or Dball Hunts every week, there should be a SM released once a week. Now, to reiterate on that.... Not everyone plays at freaking night.. that's the reason for saying you need ONE or TWO a week. I've seen plenty of IMM's on during the daytime but I've yet to see an event or anything held.. yes, I know, I could've just missed it... but I average 8-9 hours per day on here... I think that's enough time in 2 months I should've been around for least one, eh?? I thought so too. Which is why I say we need new eq and such... if you need item creators let me know, I've added in socials, I'm sure if showed how myself or several others could come up with new eq! I'd be first in line if need be! Adding in new drops will make players stick around and play more... adding new eq will keep high up players still trying to achieve that.

Bosses/Grouping/Clans: Lastly, where are the clans at? Pbase is big enough now to compensate for having our own clans. They've been in once before, and we loved them. Also, grouping.... we should integrate some BIG bosses... ones that you aren't going to defeat by yourself without it taking 30+ mins. It's quite simple.. make a boss with mega HP, give him some decent attacks and put him somewhere hard to find and let people "group" to go kill him. He/She/It should drop something of a rarity and it will be fun and new to the mud and would allow players to work together more and have something achievable that's new!

Yes, I do understand that all these things will take time and work.. especially lots of it that is not doable by myself. I was asked repetitively to forum post. Well, here it is... after all the fuss bout posting here I hope we see some results. Don't be offended by the demeanor either, I'm just a lil put out by the hefty desire to have to post it here when it's already been brought up in the mud but yet no change has been made! So, here it is and it's out here now, let's work together and make this place a more than it already is better place! I'll have lots more to add as things progress, those are just the ones that have struck me recently.

I actually ran several early morning events shortly after you returned and made the request of me, but on all of the occasions I woke up early or delayed going to sleep, only once were there more than 1 player on, and that's no so much running an event as it is just handing out a piece of gear. I'll see about getting Rip up to date on how to do them since he wakes up earlier than me, but a truly early-morning event schedule is going to require an Imm in that time to run them, which is something we lack at the moment. Getting more staff on board is important, but I've seen a very distinct lack of anyone posting applications for jobs.

I'm not sure if clans are even completely working right again, and they're rather low on the priority list over things like ranks, fixing broken and useless skills, balancing and overhauling all the races, ranks, cleaning up useless and broken areas/progs/items, planning and implementing more middle and end game content, ranks,  reworking pl progression paths and speed, creating and adding new skills to old races with crap alists, getting interesting mechanics worked out, ranks, adding new and special zones to reward more than just new targets to 'k mob' at over and over, ranks, etc.

Boss mobs aren't just as straight up easy as many think they would be, and part of that issue is players are insanely strong against mobs, even when they're matching your stats outright. Grouping, I've been told, isn't working completely right so we'd need to get that fixed first before we can move forward on any Bosses.

Thanks for taking the time to post, I hope others follow suit and add more ideas to the topic and discussion. Take a moment, as well, to check out my other thread over here ->> http://dbnu.genesismuds.com/index.php?topic=7722.0 and add your thoughts and ideas.

Dragonball New Universe: Hopes Beginning  |  General Mud Discussion  |  Ideas  |  Ideas of the masses/Issues/Resolutions/Fixings/

gfxgfx
gfx gfx