gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
119 Posts in 47 Topics by 522 Members - Latest Member: zankai October 20, 2017, 04:16:52 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Members | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Dragonball New Universe: Hopes Beginning  |  General Mud Discussion  |  Ideas  |  Races
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Races  (Read 1947 times)

Nautilus

• View Profile
Races
« on: May 09, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »
I'm just going to go down the list and toss out a few ideas for each race.

Human: I feel like humans are in a pretty good place right now. I haven't seen how much damage they deal, but with an IK in multi disk, a stun chance in tri-beam/Multi-tri-beam, Heart, and Four Witches... The only thing I can really see buffing up is their Third Eye skill, as last time I checked it gave a very VERY slight stats boost, and MAYBE giving Four Witches the ability to work with weapons.

Fusions: Little side note here; fusions are aboslutely, for lack of a better word, fucked. There's no point in ever fusing with anything other than a -terran, because the power boost you get just from multi form alone is WAY better than anything any other fusion gets. My main suggestion would be giving each fusion race a combination of their 2 best skills. For instance, give Namek-t OmegaTri-Beam, which has both a stun and IK chance, or Masenko-Beam which deals the damage of Masenko with a stun chance.

Saiyan: I think some of their other abilities should be like buster shell, and have the ability to deal double damage.

Saiyan-t: By far the best fusion for Saiyans. SDF, Multi-form, Tri-Beam, Multi Disk... There's no reason not to go Saiyan-t...

Saiyan-s: Pretty sure the only thing this race gets is Final Shine, SDF, and a higher mod on SSJ4. Again, Multi-form just stomps all of this into the ground.

Saiyan-n: This race gets quite a few Namek abilities, which is pretty cool. Except for the fact that the majority of them aren't very useful. SDF, Heaven-splitter, Ki heal, and some other lower pl Namek abilities. This has potential to be good... But doesn't really make sense... A green Saiyan with antennaes... Ew...

Saiyan-hb: Really doesn't get anything... Finishing buster, Burning Attack, And Warp Kame which isn't terrible, But compared to Final Kame? I could see if maybe they got more gains like HBs and -hbs should, but they get 10% less than even base saiyans, which really doesn't make sense.

Base Terran Fusions: Completely useless. If a terran fuses with another race, that race gets everything that makes a terran a terran, Multi form, multi disk, tri-beam, But base terrans have absolutely nothing useful other than Heart. As a matter of fact, most fusions completely LOSE more skills than they gain. I would absolutely -love- to see these useful, because I'd really enjoy playing one. Even if it's as simple as giving base terran fusions whatever finisher the race has that they fused with, it would be better 10X better than they are now. The only base terran fusion even worth it is terran-g, and thats because they get multi form-candy blast. And as a lolzy note, terran-t loses a ton of skills, and only gains tri-form, Even though they already get split and multi as terran.

Nameks: Nameks actually have potential for being pretty powerful, Except they suffer from terran-syndrome and don't actually gain anything really useful for fusing. They're pretty much completely ki focused, so the ability to pump extra energy/focus to deal extra damage would be interesting. Also, like I mentioned earlier... The fusions would look weird.

Halfbreeds: Halfbreeds are useless for anything and everything except gains. They get no good abilities. They should either add a base amount of racial gains to whoever they fuse with, or if they're the base, gain the finisher from the race that fused into them. One of halfbreed's final abilities is Finishing Buster, but there's nothing really finishing about it. Perhaps give it an increased chance of IK if they use it on enemies below a certain HP to finish them off?

Saibaman: No one is ever going to play Saibaman... Because it's a saibaman. But in all honesty, they aren't too bad save for their mod, which can be solved with a Tree of Might fruit.

Androids: Nothing really wrong with androids. I think they're fine where they are. Only thing I would like to see is a higher chance to absorb ki with absorb, as it seems to almost never trigger, And battery's damage buffed since it takes FOREVER to fill and barely does anything. It would be cool if Electric Hell Ball got a multi-hit chance where the opponent is wracked with electricity for 1/2 damage or something, too. Also, Hell Fighters need fixed, but Super Ki Absorb needs EXTREME testing because it has potential to be godly OP.

Bio-Android: Nothing to really complain about here, except for racial auras to be fixed. Would be cool if each race aura gave a different slight boost to a particular area such as hp regen, ki regen, armor, ki damage, gains, maybe more melee damage? It would be pretty useful if you could freely switch between auras also after reaching a certain amount of PKs of each particular race.

Kaio/Makaio: Hard to tell where these are really supposed to be... Makaio blows Kaio out of the water, and no one ever plays Kaio except to make pots and Kaio eq.

Dragon: Don't really see anything wrong with dragons, they get some cool affects on their abilities.

Golem: I'd really like to see Golem be a versatile race that can absorb a race and be equally useful with each race, instead of them just looking for the highest mod or strongest ki attack.

Makyan: A very good race, the ONLY thing there is to complain about is a 26X mod and low racial gains, but even that is negligible because of their melee strength.

Fierian: Don't really know what's up with these guys. People only really make one for fierian eq, but it would be cool to see their moves have some burn effects or something along those lines.

Icer: Low damage on every skill, IK on every skil. Leads to be a bit boring as all you really do is spam Earth Line Blast until one of you dies. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea on how to make them any more interesting...

Hydian: No one ever plays a Hydian, because they have no reason to really be played. They don't have anything that makes them unique from what I can tell. Other than vine whip being able to hit extra times, and making the enemy fall asleep... (useless) their ki doesn't really do anything else. Poison would be a good addition to their ki since their stuff seems to be based around flowers.

Mutant: Time freeze, time freeze, time freeze. If this was buffed, that's all they need. Body Swap would be cool, but I can't really think of any way it wouldn't be OP.

Wizard: No reason to play wizard... They're like an android, you have to buy a ton of eq for them to be useful, they're complicated, and their moves deal so little damage theres absolutely no payoff. If they had elemental affects on each ability, like burn/freeze/shock, it would actually be fun to play.

Hera-Jin: Hera-Jin have absolutely nothing except 95% e-ring. They need a MAJOR look over.

Tuffle: Looks pretty decent to me, but Golems and Bios are both PK races and steal stats, so why not Tuffles? Maybe instead of stealing stats, they can gather information/technology from who they kill, and just gain stats from each kill instead of stealing them.

Konatsu: Melee makes them pretty beastly, and their bleed ability is an awesome concept I love.

Aquarian: Pretty awesome where they are, being able to drown people is fun.

Praet: Ultra Combo looks and sounds like it should be a multi-hit move. Overall, they get screwed pretty hard not having splits or being able to fuse.

Yardratian: Lul.

Overall I think splits are far too important for any race to have, and any race that doesn't have them is at a huge disadvantage.

TheBlueFalcon

• View Profile
Re: Races
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 07:55:07 PM »
I like Saibamen... I'm going to play a Saibaman again, just to throw a wrench in your statements.

Aermyn

• View Profile
Re: Races
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 02:38:44 PM »
Its really obvious all of the races get a good look over.  Each race should be a viable character option and bring their own unique talents into play.  I also think each race should have a decent chance in PvP.  Just makes for a more diverse game environment.

Love the ideas about the different added damage for like fire/ shock/freezing kind of skills.

Dragonball New Universe: Hopes Beginning  |  General Mud Discussion  |  Ideas  |  Races

gfxgfx
gfx gfx